Hey world. Do you like eggs? Do you like muffins? Well here’s the perfect dish for you!
I came across this recipe via tumblr and I’m here to share my experiences
Ingredients: (servings- 3)
- 2 eggs
- Diced veggies (your choice) I used spinach & mushrooms
- Spices -optional I used black pepper & salt
- Shredded cheese- if you want
- Cooking spray
The only item you definitely need is an egg or few of them.
- Preheat oven at 355 degrees
- Beat the eggs while adding the spices. Then diced the spinach & mushrooms. You don’t need a lot of the spices or diced veggies!
- Sprayed the muffin tin. (4 muffin holders.) Pour eggs in 3 tins about 1/2 to 3/4 of the tin
- Then add the veggies and cheese, slightly mix in the muffin tin and pop into the oven for no longer than 25 minutes. I also checked by sticking a toothpick in the center and if nothing is on the toothpick, then they’re done! Just like muffins.
I am going to try these again and add the veggies while I’m beating the eggs. It’s like a muffin omelet. I don’t have any measurements because none were required. It was about half-1 mushroom (depending on size), baby handful of spinach and a few pinches of salt & pepper. I used such a little bit of cheese, I couldn’t tell I used any. If you wanna cheesier muffins add way more cheese of course! and add any type of veggies you want! bell peppers, onions etc. You can even add meat, sausage, bacon and alluvdat. They get real puffy when fresh out the oven and deflate as time passes ( as you can see)
This is just another breakfast to add to your routine so you won’t get bored. Throw some “real” salsa on top with some avocado, a slice of whole wheat or multigrain bread. Fruit. It’s just item to add!! Can’t lose with this. I know it takes more time, but try to it on a day off!
My mom asked me “what do they taste like!!??” I answered- they taste like eggs mom. -_-
Just eat breakfast in the morning! You and your body needs you to!