Guys I’m not here. Well, I mean I’m here, but I’m not writing or do I have plans to write anytime soon unless I get a request. (Oh, I will still have my pop-up fitness sessions at the Art Museum) Okay so let me explain:
This year, remember “the year to build?” Well it’s been very interesting in the last 5 months. I thought I’d be building my business (The Tenth Muse.) I thought I’d be working towards creating
a hybrid organization that uses sports to bring people together. I thought I’d be loving everything and working on it frequently after work. I thought all those things in December/January. But now, nah. I am not sure what’s happening, but what I do know is that I need to take time to figure out where exactly The Tenth Muse going. So questions that I need to answer are:
- What are my gifts, skills and talents?
- How can I best use those to impact my community?
- Which community? Meaning which audience?
- How will I start and keep going with all my other obligations and do it well?
- Now that I’m done with my Board Prep Program, should I build a board or still keep it solo and build up?
- Jordan, what do you want to do? What can you do well?
- Why are you struggling so much with making major first steps and getting it from idea phase to tangible phase?
- Why do you feel like you need to speak to more people and keep doing research before making a move? Haven’t you done enough?
So Yeah..I am pretty much all over the place and it got me down and out over the last 2 months. I realized I was trying to combine all my interests into one. And Although I believe I’ll be able to hit all aspects, I cannot start like that. It is overwhelming. I was trying to do fitness, mentoring, sports development and community development. That’s tew muuuch. I ended up being busy and not productive. I ended up thinking and reaching out instead of doing. I ended up listening to the no’s instead of something that has kept me grounded over the last few years… the fact that I’ve already done and been successful at so much.
So now what? Where am I? I’m here at a Barnes & Noble before heading to my Board Prep class taking time off- off from the Facebook page, off from blog posts and off from videos. I need to refocus my goals, my energy and be patient with the direction that I’m heading. I need to pray about it and listen for the response. It’s necessary for me to settle down and be okay with where I am, and understand everything will come together and will be more than great.
I’m taking a break from blogging unless I have requests for specific posts. Next, I’ll be talking about alkaline foods & recipes for those who want to have a more alkaline diet. I am hoping by the end of the summer I will be ready to go full-speed ahead with The Tenth Muse. Until then, give me some time, I’ll be back.