I am Jordan the person behind “The Tenth Muse: Fitness Plus” More about me is here.
The Tenth Muse: Fitness Plus is more than just fitness (hence the Plus.) Its core focus is:
- Increasing physical activity and decreasing sedentary behaviors *ongoing*
- Community health development – which includes collaborations & partners to provide resources and opportunities to improve health (very broad) on a population level working within the systems currently set. *in the future*
- Convene different and polarizing populations – using sports and related physical activities as a strategy and a means to create conversation and build bridges with youth participants using the positive values developed through sports. *currently working to build this aspect*
Included in the above 3 are nutritional aspects, you cannot neglect the diet, and other aspects of health such as mental/emotional well-being.
Everything is grounded in public health, which is my background. Deciding to get my MPH was one of my best decisions. The Tenth Muse drastically changed because of those public health courses.
Previous Partners/ Places where The Tenth Muse has been utilized:
- Let’s Move! Chester
- Legacy Youth Tennis & Education
- Columbia (SC) Parks & Rec Dept.
- Art Sanctuary
I am always looking for partners and resources… contact me I would love to hear from you!