When I started blogging back in 2012, I knew it would be a challenge to be persistent, but I thought I could handle it. Fail. Super Fair. Epic Fail.
I have been sitting on The Tenth Muse for about 2+ years, not really knowing what to do with it anymore. I didn’t want to let it go, but I didn’t know how I could contribute and grow it with everything going on in life, furthermore, I was losing touch with my love for fitness. When I started, I loved training, It was life. Then things shifted and how could I move The Tenth Muse with it the changes?
Let me take you, very quickly through what has happened:
- Moved to South Carolina. Started Grad school. Graduated. Did lots of community work at the tennis center.
- Moved back to Philadelphia.
- AmeriCorps Vista
- Started working Full-time
- Started and Finished a short board prep program.
YIP: Board Prep Program
- Lastly and most importantly, completed an executive program at Penn in Social Impact Strategy.
This program connected me with social entrepreneurs, CSR folks and amazing change agents from all over the world. Seriously, we had representatives from 23 countries. In the 8 months of the program, I basically developed an entire social enterprise. One that I’ve had in my head for a while and one that is a culmination of all my passions: fitness, community development, networking and place making.